Saturday, November 15, 2008

Special Students



When you look at the picture here, who could say that they are different? Well they are not different than the other people but in fact they are special people, they are the the Hearing Impaired students (meaning they are deaf and mute students) . They are my college students in a Systems Technology Institute College of Davao City. I'm teaching them the basic computers and other subjects as well. I really enjoy watching them and or joining them in their conversations through their sign language, they have fun with each other. You know its nice to watch them because they are more close and very friendly with each other. Specially when you get to know them. they are more friendly than the normal people.

I learned the sign language because I have a sister who is a Hearing Impaired too. In this second picture is my sister Felicel, who is a teacher now in a Special Education school in Davao city. She is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education In Laguna.She's more beautiful and petite and taller than me tsk tsk.. hehe... Before when she was small my other sister dina and I used to teach her some sign language that we learned, but now she is my teacher now specially in sign language that I didn't learned before. She helps me a lot with my job now as a teacher. My family and I are so happy because she is stable now. She has a job and can stand with her own feet now, though sometimes she still asks money to my parents but she's ok now.

You know I hate it when there are normal people would laugh at them or treat then not nice and specially when they make fun at them. Well... they are the one's not not normal than the special people like the hearing impaired people.

If you happened to see one of the hearing impaired people, try to befriend with them, they are more than happy to give back your kindness to them, and definitely you will enjoy their company.

1 comment:

manoj said...

hi

my self manoj khandelwal from india jaipur i am also runngin a ngo for hearing impaired children s but we don't teach him sign lenguage we give him speech therapy after they are complete thair course they are to talk to every people people thought that deaf people can't speak but at hear our school 50 childrens are now we integrated in normal school

and you are also doing great work west wishes from my site
and visit our site

http://www.swardeep.org