Thursday, December 11, 2008
Custard Cake for Christmas
Its christmas again, a perfect season for us to make something special for our family...I do love to cook for my family during this season and other occasions too. I just wanna share my recipe... My custard cake recipe. Hope you like it too.
250 grms. Cake flour
170 g. sugar
14.5 g. baking powder
5 pcs. Large eggyolks
110 g. oil
170 g. water
5 g. vanilla flavor (or any flavor)
10 pcs. Large eggwhites
3 g. cream of tartar
55.5 g. sugar
5 pcs. Large eggyolk
1 big can evaporated milk
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup sugar for caramelization
1. Prepare a 9x3 inch baking pan or a perfect square baking pan
2. Caramelize 1/2c. sugar in a prepared cake pan. Cover the pan with
caramelized sugar. Let it cool
3. Mix all remaining ingredients of custard filling in a bowl. Blend well. Pour
in the caramelized pan. Set aside
4. Prepare a large enough pan that the caramelized pan will fit on it for
steaming. Pour in water. Put it into a 350 F oven.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Mix all liquid ings. Blend well.
3. Mix the dry and liquid ingredients. Don’t over mix or your cake will be
hard. Mix it for approximately 1 min. Strain it to get the lumps. Set aside.
4. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff, add the sugar slowly.
5. Fold the beaten batter into the egg whites. And pour into the caramelized
6. Put the batter over the steamed pan. Cook for 35 mins. or until nothing
sticks in the toothpick .