Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cabbage Rolls



Hello everyone!

I have a new recipe that I want to share to you. I know some of you know this and probably tried this already. But to those who didn’t yet let me share this to you. I got this recipe from my sister and it’s my husband’s favorite food. So here it is.. Happy cooking!

ingredients:

1/4 cup celery, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
12 leaves cabbage
1 cup cooked white rice
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup minced onion
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ small sachet of seasoning or magic sarap


Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes; drain.
In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt,garlic, garlic powder, celery and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in slow cooker. or a baking pan.
In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
Cover, and bake in 350*F for 1 hr or cook in a slow cooker for 8 to 9 hrs.

4 comments:

SHY said...

Wew this looks so yummy..will try this one sometimes. I hope you can visit me back and comment on a contest I joined, see yah there.

Grace said...

those sound really great and it's different recipe! thanks for sharing

-grace
http://herumbrella.com

Tannia said...

Sounds yummy! You should add more recipes! ♥ Enter my giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Y'all know Andrew Conaway? He got some pretentious ass blog too.