My recipe for this week. Durian Jellyroll and Double Body. These recipe's takes time to cook and a little complicated but its fun and very rewarding when its done (for me hehe....). I wanna share these recipe's to you, so here it is:
250 grams cake flour
4.5 grams baking powder
4.5 grams salt
27 grams powdered milk
6 pcs. eggyolks
190 grams warm water (or sprite)
2.5 grams vanilla
6 pcs. egg whites
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
355 grams white sugar
Durian jelly or any kind of jelly or preserves.
1.HEAT oven to 350°F. prepare 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan with glacine paper and rub the sides of the pan with little amount of oil.
2. BEAT egg whites with cream of tartar on high speed for 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. add white sugar gradually. set aside.
3.In another bowl,beat eaggyolks for 3 minutes or until slightly thick and light lemon colored. Add sugar gradually and vanilla to egg yolks; continue to beat for 1 minute. Sift together the dry ingredients. Add to egg yolk mixture. Fold in beaten egg white. Pour into prepared pan spreading batter evenly.
4. BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle powdered sugar onto a clean kitchen towel. Loosen cake edges from pan. Immediately invert onto towel. Gently roll cake with the towel into a log, starting at the long end. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
4. Stir preserves or jelly slightly in order to spread smoothly on cake. Unroll the cake. Carefully spread with preserves/jelly. Reroll cake without towel. Wrap in plastic wrap or in jelly roll stiro foam.
Double Body (Sambre)
250 grams third class flour
35 grams margarine
100 grams lard or shortening
10 g. baking powder
2 pcs. egg
250 g. sugar
5 g. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
syrup: 4 cups water: 1 cup sugar
1.Heat oven in a 350F.
2. combine flour, baking powder and salt. mix well. set aside.
3. cream butter and lard or vegetable shortening until light and fluffy , add sugar and egg and vanilla alternately and gradually, add flour and mix with your hands. Dough is ready when it sticks together. put a enough amount of dough into a decorating cellophane hold and squiz and shape it like a cone in a pan, do the same amount and size until all the dough are shaped and in line in a pan.
4. cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown but dont overcook or it will be hard like a cookie.
5. Take out from the oven. Dip in the syrup and pair it. roll in the dessicated coconut.
Hope you like my recipes. Enjoy cooking!